Authentic Hawaiian Poke
This simple fish dish is a Hawaiian classic. Commonly served at family gatherings, Hawaiian poke is simple raw marinated fish, perfect for making use of leftover scraps.
Servings 4 people
- 1 kg Yellowfin Tuna cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce more or less to suit your taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil more or less to suit your taste
- 1 Maui Onion can sub a sweet shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Green Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds more or less to suit your taste
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
Place in a bag or resealable container and seal. Place in the fridge to marinade for at least one hour, best overnight.
Sodium: 1126mg | Calcium: 71mg | Vitamin C: 5mg | Vitamin A: 181IU | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 1266mg | Cholesterol: 98mg | Calories: 343kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 64g | Carbohydrates: 8g | Iron: 3mg