Stir Fry Sriracha Noodles
Hangover food alert! You may have noticed that I’ve been adding more and more cocktails to the website recently (if you haven’t I highly recommend The Pelagic). That means some mornings call for hangover meals. As I don’t live anywhere near a SoCal breakfast burrito cart, or a Vietnamese Pho shop, I’ve decided to whip up some of my favorite stir fry Sriracha noodles.
Now, I know one really doesn’t wish to cook when they’re hungover, but this recipe only takes about 10 minutes (or less) so I think it works just fine. Also, it’s still an absolutely delicious and savory dish so you can have it at any time of day.
For this stir fry Sriracha noodles recipe I used Udon, which I love because they are so thick and glutinous. I decided to use a different udon than what I used for my stir fry udon with pork since I couldn’t find the noodles I used last time. However I do generally prefer the thicker, fatter Ise udon than the flat Hoto style I used for this dish. No matter, any noodle will taste great!
I decided to add in some grilled mushrooms soaked in olive oil for a meaty consistency, while still keeping this dish simple. Actually, this dish would be completely vegan if you leave out the fish sauce and oyster sauce (or replace them with vegan counterparts).
The noodles don’t take much time to cook. Mine were fully cooked in about 5 minutes, and I just boiled them in a pan of water. Once they became plump and pliable I strained them out and set them aside. Into the pan I put the heat on high and added some sunflower oil. Once the oil got hot I reintroduced the noodles and quickly stirred them around. At this point I also added the mushrooms, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, chopped green onion, and some black pepper. I didn’t add any extra salt as the sauces themselves are quite salty.
Then after everything is combined I taste for seasoning and turn off the heat. Give everything a good toss and then plate. I add a sprinkle of more chopped green onion (and chopped peanuts would be really good here too). Enjoy these stir fry Sriracha noodles…hangover or not!
Stir Fry Sriracha Noodles
- pan or wok
- 300 grams Udon Noodles or the noodle of your choice, I recommend thicker glutinous noodles
- 3 tbsp Sriracha aka Rooster sauce
- 50 grams Grilled Mushrooms Sliced. You can buy pre made packed in oil.
- 3 tbsp Oil I used Sunflower but you can use any neutral oil
- 2 tsp Oyster Sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Green Onion chopped
- Start a pan of boiling water. Place the noodles in the water and let boil for 5 minutes (or depending on your package).
- Drain the noodles and set aside. Add the neutral oil to the pan and allow to heat up.
- Add back in the noodles and toss to coat in the hot oil. Add all the sauces, green onion, and mushrooms and toss for 3-4 minutes until everything is hot and fragrant. Taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.