So about 12 hours ago I mentioned Luke Skywalker’s Blue Milk that today I would be posting TWO Star Wars recipes. The reason being that the second recipe uses the first. I’ve never made a Dalgona Coffee before, and to be honest I didn’t see the hype around it, but I figure if there was every a time to do it, why not with blue milk. This Star Wars Dalgona Coffee is super easy and a great way to make a non-alcoholic Star Wars themed treat.
This recipe is a simple combination of my regular Blue Milk recipe and the every so trendy Dalgona Coffee. Other than the butterfly pea flowers every other ingredient is something that you most likely have in your pantry so hopefully it isn’t too annoying a recipe to make.
How To Make Star Wars Dalgona Coffee
2 cups Milk. 2%. If you can find Bantha milk you can save a lot of trouble with the blue milk portion.
2 tbsp Butterfly Pea Flowers.
2 tbsp Sugar, Demerara. Can also use white granulated.
1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground. Can also use a shot of Cinnamon syrup if you prefer, the type you would use in Don’s Mix or The Catamaran cocktail.
2 tbsp Instant Coffee, crystals work best in my opinion.
2 tbsp Sugar, white granulated.
2 tbsp Water, boiling
In a small pot add the milk and sugar and turn the heat on. Whisk the sugar into the milk. Then add in the Butterfly Pea Flowers. Let the milk come up to a boil and stir everything together. This will release the dye and flavor from the flowers. Turn off the heat and stir in the ground cinnamon. Let sit in the pot with the heat off for 5 minutes. Strain the blue milk into a bottle and place in the fridge to chill.
In a mixing bowl add the white sugar, instant coffee, and hot water. Whisk rapidly for about 5 minutes until it is thick. Spoon the mixture over a cup of the blue milk with or without ice. It is important to mix the foamy top of the Star Wars Dalgona Coffee into the milk portion since the top doesn’t actually taste great on its own. Combined, however, is something absolutely delicious.
Star Wars Dalgona Coffee
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Milk 2% or higher
- 2 tbsp Butterfly Pea Flowers
- 2 tbsp Sugar white or demerara, granulated
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 2 tbsp Instant Coffee crystals work best, or something like Nescafe Instant
- 2 tbsp Water boiling
- 2 tbsp Sugar granulated
- In a pot add the milk and sugar. Turn the heat on and stir the sugar in until it melts. Then add the blue pea flowers.
- Bring the milk up to a boil, then whisk in the ground cinnamon. Turn off the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Give a last good whisk and then strain into a bottle. Place in the refrigerator to chill or use it hot.
- In a mixing bowl add the instant coffee, granulated sugar, and boiling water. Whisk rapidly for around 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and foamy. You're done when you have soft peaks.
- Pour some blue milk into a glass with or without ice and spoon over the foamy Dalgona coffee mixture. Mix it up before drinking. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply