Rocket And Pear Salad With Pomegranate Molasses
Rocket, or Arugula as it is also commonly known, is one of my favorite types of salad leaves. It has so much more depth of flavor than iceberg or romaine, and the peppery kick it gives makes it pair perfectly with sweeter dressings or vinaigrette. In this case, a rocket and pear salad with pomegranate molasses was a no brainer.
I’m finally back home in Ukraine after a few months vacation around Europe, and one of the things I brought back from my time in Istanbul was some Pomegranate molasses from the famous Ozcam pickle shop. I wrote a little about this place in my article A Food Tour Of Istanbul, since Ozcam is definitely one of the must visit places for foodies.
Pomegranate molasses is essentially a syrup made from pomegranate juice, and is a popular ingredient in Turkish as well as Levant cuisine. I knew as soon as I tasted it, I wanted to make a salad with it. So without further ado, here’s everything to do with this rocked and pear salad with pomegranate molasses
Rocket And Pear Salad With Pomegranate Molasses Ingredients
350 grams Rocket (arugula); the fresher the better.
1 Pear, cubed. I used Bosc but you can use whatever is easiest for you.
1 Avocado, cubed.
75 grams Feta Cheese; or any white salad cheese you prefer.
3 tbsp Pine Nuts
2 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses. I picked mine up from the best maker in Istanbul, but you can find it here on Amazon.
Salt; to taste.
Pepper; to taste
Rocket And Pear Salad With Pomegranate Molasses Instructions
1. Add all the ingredients except the cheese to a big bowl and toss. If you need to add more pomegranate molasses feel free to do so, just note that it can be quite strong.
2. Plate the rocket and pear salad and top with feta cheese. Serve with extra pomegranate molasses so people can adjust to their preferences.
If the Pomegranate molasses is too sweet for you, you can add some lemon juice for acidity. If it is too tart, add some sugar.
The bowl featured in the pictures is my absolutely gorgeous Churchill Stonecast Triangle bowl, available on Amazon. It has also been featured in my Massaman Curry and Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Shallot recipe!
- 350 grams Rocket arugula
- 1 Pear cubed
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 75 grams Feta Cheese or any white salad cheese
- 3 tbsp Pine Nuts
- 2 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients except the cheese to a big bowl and toss. If you need to add more pomegranate molasses feel free to do so, just note that it can be quite strong.
- Plate and top with feta cheese.