Coconut Macaroons are a super easy and tasty treat that are wonderful for people who love coconut. For these peach coconut macaroons I used just a teensy bit of fresh peach puree to give these sweet desserts a twist. The great thing about this recipe is it doesn’t take long at all, less than a half hour from start to finish.
For this recipe I was a bit inspired by the Puerto Rican way of making macaroons in that they use lemon along with the coconut for an added flavor. There was a granny selling peaches down the street from me so I thought why not give peach macaroons a try.
Making Peach Coconut Macaroons
Like many macaroon recipes mine uses condensed milk. In fact, because condensed milk is so sweet I don’t add any extra sugar. Just start by combining 370 grams of Condensed Milk to 400 grams of dry Coconut Flakes.
Mix that together along with two tablespoons of fresh peach puree. The peach flavor won’t be overpowering but it will offer a nice hint in the finished cookie.
In another bowl or cup whip together four egg whites and a pinch of salt until you get soft peaks. Add the meringue to the coconut/milk/peach mixture until you create a sort of “dough.”
Using two tablespoons form a mound of macaroon dough and place them on a parchment lined baking tray. These macaroons do not rise or spread so you can place them quite close together. These will go into an oven preheated to 170 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes in a normal oven, 22-25 minutes in a convection oven.
A better way to check the done-ness is to look in the oven and pull out the macaroons when the edges start to brown. A light brown is okay, but once it turns reddish brown you can take them out of the oven. Just let them rest for a few minutes on the parchment paper before removing them to a serving plate. You don’t need to let them cool on a wire rack since they cool down pretty fast on their own.
Peach Coconut Macaroons
- Baking Tray
- 400 grams Dried Coconut Flakes
- 370 grams Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp Peach Puree freshly made if possible
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1 pinch Salt
- Preheat your oven to 170 Celsius.
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut, peach puree, and condensed milk.
- In another bowl beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks. Fold the meringue into the coconut/peach mix.
- Use two tablespoons to form the "dough" into two-bite cookies and place them on a parchment lined baking tray. You can also use a silicone mat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes in a regular oven or 22-25 minutes in a convection oven. Or just pull them out when the top begins to get reddish brown.
- Let rest for a few minutes on the tray and then move them to a serving platter.
The Parmigiana WhispererJune 26, 2020 at 12:53 am
Traditional Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe (La Viña Cheesecake)April 17, 2021 at 5:17 am
[…] PEACH COCONUT MACAROONS MANGO PASSIONFRUIT ENTREMET WITH DACQUOISE CAKE BASE BLOOD ORANGE COINTREAU SOUFFLE […]