Mlyntsi are popular Ukrainian rolled pancakes. Similar to a crepe, they can be filled with a variety of different ingredients. From fresh fruit, to cheese and meat. These pate fried mlyntsi are a twist from the original, and use Pate de Campagne Breton as the filling.
The sauce I used for these pate fried mlyntsi was a Thai sweet chili sauce, which of course in not traditional, but it did pair well. All you need for this recipe is a pan, since it’s just like making pancakes, albeit slightly more steps.
After making the batter, just pour some on a medium hot pan as if you were making pancakes. Except this time fill the entire diameter of the pan. These are not as thin as French crepes, but they aren’t as thick as pancakes either. Try to find a happy medium.
After you make a stack of mlyntsi ‘crepes’ you should let them cook. Then you can spread the pate around and roll them up. Simple as that! The pate filling should help the roll stick together for the next step.
After they are all rolled, you can dip (or roll) the entire pate fried mlyntsi in beaten eggs and then fry it back in the same pan. I like to fry them on each side, flipping them once to seal them better like you would a kebab.
Pâté Fried Mlyntsi
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all the ingredients except the pate and oil.
- In a pan add a little bit of oil, just enough to grease the pan, and then pour some batter. Tilt the pan to spread it around thin and then cook it like a normal pancake. Repeat for all the batter.
- Let the pancakes cool (just a couple minutes) and then spread the pate around them. Roll them up like a taquito.
- Beat the eggs and then dip/roll the mlyntsi in the beaten egg. Back into the pan on medium heat, let the mlyntsi fry on each side. You can press down a bit with a spatula if you want to get it extra crisp.
- Serve with a sauce of your choice (I used Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Pâté Fried Mlyntsi
Other Popular Ukrainian Recipes On Cooking To Entertain
UKRAINIAN MEATBALLS (КОТЛЕТИ) RECIPE
UKRAINIAN LIVER CAKE (ПЕЧІНКОВИЙ ТОРТ) RECIPE
Leave a Reply