This is a super simple soup recipe that is one of Alona’s most requested things I make. It only needs a few ingredients, and takes less than 10 minutes overall. The green in green soup comes from 4 different green vegetables, and you can use fresh or frozen. They are zucchini, peas, green beans, and broccoli. Normally I prefer heartier soups like my classic chili (is chili a soup?) or solyanka, but this green soup is healthy and filling in its own way.
This is a lazy dinner idea, so if you can find a bag of frozen mixed veggies there’s nothing wrong with using that. In fact, I’m a bigger fan of frozen vegetables than one might realize. While I don’t use too much heavy cream in this recipe, you can easily increase the amount (or decrease it if you think I DO use too much).
This green soup recipe is so easy. All you have to do is add all your vegetables to a pot with a 50/50 cup of water and heavy cream. Bring it to a boil and mix around the vegetables so all of them cook in the cream mixture for a bit. Season with salt and pepper and some garlic powder if you want. Then just use an immersion blender to blitz everything smooth. Don’t worry if it is not a completely uniform green color as long as it is creamy and smooth.
Serve in a bowl, drizzle over a couple teaspoons of cold heavy cream, and place some chopped raw onion in the middle. After I put it in the bowl, I also like to add a couple drops of Worcestershire sauce and a tsp of hot sauce along with some red chili flakes, but those two ingredients are entirely optional.
Green Soup (4-Vegetable Green Soup)
- 500 grams Green Vegetables a mix of broccoli, peas, green beans, and zucchini (you can sub or leave one out if you can't find it, frozen bags of mixed are fine).
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream some some tsp to drizzle after plating
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Black Pepper freshly cracked (or less to taste)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce finishing, optional
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce more or less to taste
- 4 tbsp White Onion chopped, optional
- Slice your zucchini and break up the broccoli florets. The peas and green beans don't need any preparation. Toss them all in a pot with the water and cream and bring to a boil. Give a stir every couple minutes so all the vegetables have had time to boil in the cream.
- Add the butter, black pepper, and salt. Then blend with an immersion blender (or move to a standing blender) until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
- Place in a bowl and drizzle over some heavy cream. Add the chopped onion in the middle, and the sauces if you are using them. Serve and enjoy.
Green Vegetable Soup
This recipe may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through the links it allows the site to make money at no additional cost to you. For more information please see Cooking To Entertain’s Policy page.