This famous Polish vodka is extremely loved in Eastern Europe, but not so well known afar. So here is an easy Zubrowka cocktail for those looking for something to make with this tasty bison grass flavored vodka.
In Poland, the most common way of enjoying this vodka is just straight up and chilled. In fact, it is a lot smoother than regular grain vodkas because the bison grass flavor alleviates the burn. A common way of drinking Zubrowka in Poland is called tatanka, which is simply a mix of the vodka and apple juice.
To be honest, this cocktail is not much different than your basic tatanka, aside from the fact I top off the drink with sparkling water. There are many other cocktails you can make with Zubrowka so just consider this the most basic, general one.
How To Make An Easy Zubrowka Cocktail?
There are only three ingredients to this easy zubrowka cocktail, but I also use a fresh apple to make the garnish.
- 50 ml Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka – make sure to get the real version with the blade of grass inside. If you get the rye or white vodka it will taste completely different.
- 100 ml Apple Juice — 100% juice, do not get a juice cocktail with other ingredients and added sugars.
- Sparkling Water – to top
- Apple – cut into a fan for garnish
To make this easy cocktail just take a Collin’s glass and fill with ice. Pour in the vodka and apple juice, then top with sparkling water. Make an apple fan garnish if you want to elevate the drink more, and serve right away. Enjoy!
- 1 Collins' Glass
- 50 ml Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka
- 100 ml Apple Juice 100% juice, no added sugars
- Sparkling Water to top
- Apple cut into a fan for garnish
- Fill the Collin's glass with ice and pour in the vodka and apple juice. Top with sparkling water and garnish with an apple fan for an elevated presentation. Enjoy!