Featured Recipes In November
What Are You Looking For?
Looking For More?
About Cooking To Entertain
Hi I’m Kodi! Welcome to Cooking to Entertain – a recipe blog I started to showcase some of my favorite dishes to cook for dinner parties and friendly gatherings.
The dishes range from simple and quick, to impressive and time consuming. Do you want to spend 4 days crafting an elegant entremet cake? I can show you how. What about a quick 30 minute or less weeknight meal? You can also find that here!
Of course, I do tend to specialize. Passed hors d’oeuvres or canapes pop up on this site often, as well as ethnic dishes since I’m an avid traveler. In fact I have a personal rule that I take a local cooking class in every place I visit; I’m always learning new and authentic recipes from all over the world!
My Favorite Recipe
- Salmon En CrouteWhile it may be a tad bit old fashioned, a well made salmon en croute is a definite crowd pleaser. …
- Gooseberry CurdMaking curd is a great way to use up a large amount of fruit, and this gooseberry curd is the …
- 27 Popular Ukrainian RecipesMost people I come across while traveling don’t really know that much about Ukrainian food. In fact, all most people …
- Galician Mushroom SoupNo, not that Galicia. This Galician mushroom soup hails from the Eastern European Galicia which encompasses an area around Western …
- Vietnamese Brussels SproutsThis recipe for Vietnamese brussels sprouts is something so addicting it has quickly become a favorite in this household. In …
Are You Also A Food Blogger?
If you would like to submit a recipe or a how-to guide to Cooking to Entertain, check out the ‘Write For Us’ section of the blog.
Delicious Soups For Autumn
These ‘How-To’ posts are more than just recipes; They are instructional guides to help with improving your skills in the kitchen. They range from the cleaning and preparation of an animal (How To Break Down A Rabbit) to more niche guides (How To Calculate The ABV Of Homemade Cocktails).
<- So go ahead, click that button and see all of the wonderful How- To articles that will help you become a better home cook.
Recipe Of The Year (2022)
The most popular recipe of 2022 is……Syrnyky! These delicious pancakes are made from syr, a type of Ukrainian farmer’s cheese. Popular for breakfast, syrnyky are usually served with fruit jams or compotes, or even sour cream!